Sunday, October 16, 2011

I made a mistake in my life

*by Kamal Kumar Tanti


I made a mistake in my life.

When began reading my brain and my mind, I broke the instrument of error.
The instrument of understanding and perceptions and estimates.

I made a mistake in my life.

When was by the side of the river with my beloved.
I jumped thinking that she would also jump, and she never jumped on the swallowing water.

I made a mistake in my life.

When asked what would I study, I told them I would read and calculate the stars, not the beauty of it.
I was sent to the jail of practicals and mathematics, not to the college canteen.

I made a mistake in my life.

The day I was about to reach the graveyard and my granny died.
I took a wrong train to Myanmar and landed up near the human tree.

I made a mistake in my life.
Since the day I wanted to make a mistake in my life.

No comments: